Despicable Me 3 is now playing in theaters and it seems everyone is running to the theaters to see what the Minions are up to this time! Minions have been delighting kids (and adults) everywhere with their funny antics and goofy language, and we just can’t get enough. That’s why we decided to make these marvelous Minion Oreo Cookies!
These funny, little, mischievous Minions are everywhere we look and have been causing a rukus for years now! If you have kids, you know exactly what I’m talking about! There are crafts, recipes, and so much more revolving around Minions!
If you are planning a family movie night, Minion-themed birthday party, or even just want to make a fun snack to sneak into the theaters while you watch Despicable Me 3 (hey, your secret is safe with me), you will love this Marvelous Minion Oreo Cookies recipe! It’s the perfect snack for all of your Minions lovers out there…young and old!
Marvelous Minion Oreo Cookies
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
- Black, Yellow and Blue Candy Melts (you can also used white chocolate that you color with food dye)
- Candy Eyeballs
- Candy Melts E-Z Thin (you can also use Crisco)
- Candy Melts Decorating Tips
- Decorating Bags or Ziploc Bags
- Open the box of oreos and unwrap them. Set aside.
- Pour the yellow candy melts into a small measuring cup or bowl. Follow the package directions for melting. Use E-Z Thin to thin out the candy melts or a bit of Crisco. Add a small amount at a time. You want your candy melts to be a consistency that you can dip your oreos into.
- Dip one end of your oreo into the melted yellow candy melts. You’ll want to coat a little more than half the oreo. Pull the oreo out of the candy melts and allow some of the excess to drip off. Place the oreo on a wire cooling rack. After the excess has dripped off, move to a sheet of wax paper to dry.
- Repeat step 2 with the blue candy melts.
- Dip the other end of your oreo into the melted blue candy melts. You’ll want to coat about ⅓ of the cookie. Pull the oreo out of the candy melts and allow some of the excess to drip off. Place the oreo on a wire cooling rack. After the excess has dripped off, move to a sheet of wax paper to dry.
- Repeat step 2 with the black candy melts.
- Pour the black candy melts into a decorating bag or ziploc bag with the smallest candy melts decorating tip attached.
- Pipe black lines onto your Minion.
- If you would like to add gray to the goggles, you’ll need to add white candy melts to another batch of black candy melts and prepare a second decorating bag.
- Pipe circles of black (or gray if you make a batch) onto the black lines. While the candy melts are still wet, add the candy eyes.
- Pipe on some fun faces with the black candy melts and add buttons onto their overalls. You could also add some hair! Have fun with these and let your little ones help.