What a trying time we are in! Many of our kids are off of school for many weeks due to Coronavirus and many of us are freaking out! What will we do with them all day? I’ve put together a collection of educational ideas and resources you can use to keep them busy and learning while at home!
Educational Resources to use during Coronavirus School Break
*Click any of the blue links to be taken directly to the resource
- If you have a preschooler at home: Preschool Daily Schedule
- Apps: Educational Apps for Preschoolers
- Preschool Camp: Play at Home Series-a collection of themed-weeks that include book, crafts, and snack ideas. 10 themes to choose from.
- Libby App: The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library.
- Daily (M-F) Art Classes at 1:00pm EST via FB Live: https://www.facebook.com/McHarperManor/
- Scholastic’s Learning at Home: Provides children with up to 3 hours worth of learning experiences per day
- Mystery Science: Easy science lessons to do at home
- 123 Homeschool For Me: Free educational printables and educational activities to make learning fun
- All Kids Network: Free educational resources, worksheets, writing prompts, themed coloring pages, craft and snack ideas for parents
- Bedtime Math: Introduce math as a fun part of their daily routine, as common and beloved as the bedtime story
- Go Noodle: movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- Handwriting Heroes: multisensory handwriting curriculum that teaches children how to form their letters through animations, stories and song
- Little Twisters Yoga: Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans
- Storyline Online: Children’s literacy resource featuring read-aloud books. Each video includes an activity guide with lessons for K-5 students to do at home
- Mystery Doug: We’re collecting every question children ask and creating video explanations for all of them—not just Why questions, but also How questions. Weekly video for kids.
- PBS Kids: Online games and videos to entertain your kids while at home
- National Geographic Kids: Science-themed games, activities, videos, and more!
- Squiggle Park: Our bite-sized games are effective in building mastery of foundational reading skills through practice and play.
- History For Kids: You will find cool games, videos, worksheets on many historical events that will help you understand those that have gone before us; there is even a quiz on each section.
- Linton Music Peanut Butter & Jam Concert: Tune in for “Musical Mornings” at 10am EST each day via FB Live for stories, interviews with musicians, instrument making, and more.
- Jr. Brain Pop: free videos and activities with topics ranging from biographies to science to animals!
- Virtual Museum Tours: Stuck at home? These 12 famous museums are offering free virtual tours.
- Scholastic Learn At Home: Free resource providing your children with 20+ days of exciting articles, stories, videos, and fun learning challenges.
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari: Facebook Live sessions will be offered weekdays at 3pm EST. Each session will highlight an animal and provide an activity that you can do at home.
- Strive Academy: Free daily STEM activity you can do at home. Supplies should be items you already have in your house. M-F at 10am via FB live.
If you would like to include any other resources, I haven’t added yet, please comment below!