I’m a sucker for holidays, and St. Patrick’s Day is no exception. Last year, when my little one woke up, I had some fun breakfast choices waiting for him. This made the celebration fun, and since St. Patrick’s Day usually falls on a weekday, it’s fun to have a fun breakfast to celebrate before school.
These are fun, quick little items to have a cute St. Patrick’s Day breakfast before heading off to school, or starting the St. Patty’s celebration!
St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
You’re My Lucky Charm Milk
When my son woke up last year on St. Patty’s morning, I had this fun glass of milk waiting for him. You can use any jar or bottle, add some milk and green food coloring, sprinkle some Lucky Charms marshmallows on top, add a green straw and some green twine to the bottle, and leave this cute little note.
Lucky Charms Cereal with Green Milk
What’s a more fun and simple breakfast than Lucky Charms cereal with green milk? Simply add some green food coloring to the bowl! Want to make it extra fun and sugary? 😉 Just use marshmallows!
Lucky Charms Rice Krispy Treats
We love Rice Krispy treats in this house and this recipe was so fun. It’s also easy for kids to join in on the cooking fun, so this is a great way to include them in the kitchen. We used this recipe:
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 cups of soft marshmallows
- 5 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- green food coloring (optional)
- approximately 3/4 cup of Lucky Charm’s marshmallows – Have your kids sort the marshmallows from the cereal!
- Melt butter over low heat until completely melted. Gradually add marshmallows and stir often.
- When marshmallow/butter mixture is completely melted, add 1/2 teaspoon (we like a tad bit more) of vanilla. This is the time to add your green food coloring if you want to do that. (Optional)
- Remove from heat and stir in your Rice Krispie cereal. Once mixture is mostly combined, stir in the Lucky Charm’s marshmallows.
- Let cool!
- Give to your little leprechauns to enjoy!
I hope these fun ideas make your St. Patrick’s Day morning THAT much more magical!