Disney’s Cars 3 is now playing in theaters and if your kids are anything like mine, they are very excited to see this new movie in the Cars series! That’s where this yummy Lightning McQueen Whitewall Tire Popcorn comes in!
My son is now 10 and has been loving the Cars movies since he was a toddler, and has quite the collection of the Cars die cast vehicles. He recently spent the weekend at Grandparents Camp, and he and his grandpa went to see Cars 3 this weekend.
If you are planning a family movie night, Cars themed birthday party, or even just want to make a fun snack to sneak into the theaters while you watch Cars 3 (hey, your secret is safe with me), you will love this Lightning McQueen Whitewall Tire Popcorn! It’s the perfect snack for all of your Lightning McQueen lovers out there…young and old!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
Lightning McQueen Whitewall Tire Popcorn
Have fun watching Cars, Cars 2, or Cars 3 while enjoying this fun and delicious snack! And don’t forget to laugh at Mater!
- White Chocolate
- Yellow & Red Food Coloring
- Mini Oreos
- In a microwave safe dish or pot, melt the marshmallows and butter together. You will use 1 tbsp of butter for each 1 cup of marshmallows you use.
- Once your marshmallow and butter mixture has melted you will pour over your popcorn and stir until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Lay your popcorn out on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Add M&M’s and sprinkles while your popcorn is still wet. Mix the candy and sprinkles into your popcorn.
- Take apart your mini Oreos carefully so that the cream stays on one side. Use a straw to remove the cream from the center of the Oreo to create a white wall tire, and add to your popcorn.
- Melt your white chocolate on the stove on low heat, or in a microwave safe dish at 30 sec. intervals.
- Separate the white chocolate into two pans. Using food coloring, dye one pan red and one pan yellow. TIP: If the white chocolate seizes up, add a tablespoon of vegetable shortening to thin it down.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate across your popcorn.
- Let set for 15 mins and enjoy!